Good Morning Bigjiggers,
Unfortunately we come bearing bad news.
The Government today informed us that our bid to run the West Coast Main Line bid was over. They announced that Virgin Trains will continue to operate all the West Coast Main Line train services, despite us promising:
- An efficient service on some exciting trains including Bullet and Princess Trains
- No delays – our track is not affected by sun, rain, snow, wind or leaves!
- A ‘fair’ fare for all – our trains run on enjoyment so our service is completely FREE!
- We have enough trains to run frequent services – ensuring everyone get a set (and possibly a bed in the future)
- Our safety record speaks for itself, we have never had, nor never will have an accident – as our trains are tested under the highest scrutiny and have to be fully compliant with safety regulations at all times.
It was also highlighted that Bigjigs Rail has been delivering an efficient and cost effective service since 2005 – with many happy customers over the years!
Unfortunately, despite the Government taking a keen interest in our bid, the ‘bureaucratic hurdles’ were deemed too much for us this time. Whilst we are naturally disappointed with this news, we congratulate Virgin Trains on their contract extension – who will be providing an extra 5,500 standard class seats each day! Unconfirmed reports are suggesting that they will be using our wooden Pendolino’s to help with the extra service.
We would just like to say a huge THANK-YOU for supporting our bid everyone, who knows – maybe we will put in an improved bid when the line is up for grabs in 2017/18…
If you never saw our bid, or have forgot about it (shame on you) – then have a gander at our funny jousting with the DFT: